Friday, March 19, 2010

As Of Lately.....

So I have been a blog slacker lately but Haiden keeps me pretty busy!! And every time I touch the computer Haiden thinks we need to watch cartoons! So anyways we have been trying to get everything ready for this baby to come, I know I have a few months left but I wanted Haiden to get used to a big girl bed! The transition has not been as bad as expected. The biggest problem we have had is getting her to go to sleep by herself. Once she is asleep it's fine but we have to lay with her until that point. Any advice from you veteran parents would be appreciated? So here are some pictures of her new bed for all to enjoy!
We also took a trip to park city last weekend. I only managed to get one picture of Joe and Haiden riding a mechanical horse at the outlet malls! We had a really fun weekend though. Joe and I went skiing (Yes that's right I went skiing!! It felt so good to be able to still ski!) I was especially exhausted the next day but it was worth it. Then we wandered around downtown park city one day and basically just relaxed! It was a great weekend that ended much to quickly.
Not much else going on here. I would post a picture of my pregnant belly but I cant seem to take a good one by myself so i will leave that image for all your own imaginations. Let's just say I definitely look pregnant. Only 14 weeks left to go.

5 comments:

Holly said...

Such cute bedding! I love it! Haiden in getting so big!

Candace said...

Ahh I want a bedset like that haha... you are gonna have the two cutest girls Jen :)

Anonymous said...

14 weeks left? That's crazy! How awesome! Can't wait to see that little girl. Any names yet?

I love Haiden's cheese smile and I love her new bed and bedding. What a big girl! Her bed is bigger than Mallory's. =o)

I really don't have ANY advice for getting your kid to sleep. We had a year and a half of hell with Mallory and her sleeping in her bed, sleeping in our bed, not sleeping at all, letting her cry herself to sleep (which she just cried all night instead) .. not dice. She has just started to go to bed without a making a fuss about it. It's been a long road. Good luck .. that's all I can say. Parenthood is .. the best. (I mean that as non-sarcastically as possible) =o)

Lindsey Smith said...

Cute bedding and bed, and that little smile is the best.

In my experience I have learned that letting them cry it out really works. The KEY is to be CONSISTENT, if you don't do it EVERY SINGLE TIME they won't ever change but once they know your serious they get it and they change so fast. I have even done research and discovered that children who learn to self sooth receive HUGE benefits throughout the rest of their lives. So don't feel bad, your doing them a favor:) It is hard but a few nights of pure hell beats a few years of hell;) We have used this technique with all of our kids and we have awesome sleepers. Jack even get up in the middle of the night to go pee and then puts himself back to sleep. It's so WORTH IT!!! Good luck in your quest:)

Stacy said...

She's a cutie! I love those cheeks! I agree with Linds 100%--the only way to go. And you might want to invest in a rail if she can't stay up on top. Alex can't! Good luck on the rest of the pregnancy!