Sunday, June 20, 2010

Cherish the moment....



I love this picture!!! My girls are so stinking cute, however I just wish that it was this way all the time. People keep asking how we are doing and how Haiden is coping with a new face in the house. Honestly, we are doing great. I feel good, baby is healthy and although we don't sleep alot right now things are really pretty good. Haiden loves her sister, she hasn't learned quite how to say her name yet so she just calls her baby. Every once in awhile she asks to hold the baby. It lasts about 10 sec and then she is done but it's cute anyways. Haiden is having a little trouble with the fact that mom and dad's attention is split now between two kids. Even before the baby came she was clingy to me and didn't want Joe to help her with anything. Now it's even worse and she seems to cry alot. I feel bad, I don't want her to think that we don't love her anymore so I am trying really hard to be patient and give her as much attention as possible. I knew this would be hard but not sure I was really prepared. Oh the joys of parenthood!!!! It's so worth it though. I could not imagine life any other way!

8 comments:

Tori said...

Congrats again, I love the name...hope you can get some sleep soon! :)

Anonymous said...

That IS such a sweet picture! Love it.
Mallory was like this when Zach first came home from the hospital. She wanted to hold him for short bits of time. She wanted to look at him and be around him. Then a few weeks later she realized that he didn't do .. ANYTHING. He was just a blob and she was SO over it. She ignored him for 6 months. Didn't touch him or acknowledge the fact that he existed. Once he became mobile and grabbed at stuff and "played" with her, she fell in love with him. She loves being around him and hanging out with him now. I notice that she does new things for attention now though. It's hard when you're focused on new things "the baby" does - smile, wave, sit up, etc. She's like, "I can do that too!!" and you have to acknowledge her for her accomplishments.

You're a wonderful mom! You're already doing a great job. It's hard to manage your time with each kid. A friend of mine told me that when you have a new baby, remember to put it down and play with the older sibling. The baby isn't going to remember if you were there or not, but the older sibling will. They feel neglected or ignored and they remember. The baby is just going to sit, look around .. and eventually fall asleep. =o)

Sorry this is SUCH a long comment. Just tell me to shut up already!! Miss you!!

Stacy said...

CONGRATS! She's a cutie--they both are!

Chelsea said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful! You have such a cute little family.

Candace said...

You do have the two cutest girls Jen! So happy for you :)

tyson and ashley said...

CONGRATS!!! She is beautiful!! I am so excited for you both! I hope you make a speedy recovery and things keep going well for your cute little family!! :)

Lindsey Smith said...

YOU HAD HER!!!! CONGRATS!! I have been so out of it, sorry. SHe is so beautiful and I do love that pic as well. Being mom of one kid is like having a pet, from there on out it just gets harder and harder. BUT I must say that the love in the home grows with the difficulty as well. Good luck my girl, your an amazing mom and in no time you'll have the new routine down:) CONGRATS!!!

Shels said...

You are so blessed to have two beautiful girls! Congrats!